Administrative Assistant in a non-profit organization
Skiatook Chamber of Commerce
Reports To: Chamber Executive Director / Board of Directors
Summary: The role of the Administrative Assistant is to work with and for the Executive Director
of the Chamber, the Chamber Board of Directors and the Membership in support of its mission.
Hours/Pay: Part-time/hourly, 20-25 hours per week with schedule TBD Starting pay $10 / hr.
KEY SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
· Good computer skills and knowledge of relevant software: Quickbooks, Excel, Word, Publisher
· Competency in the use of e-mail and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
· Competency in web site management (mainly adding/editing information with web design capabilities a plus)
· Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment (phone, fax, computer, copier, etc)
· Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and financial record keeping
· Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
· The administrative assistant will present a casual, but professional, personal appearance in the office and will dress and behave professionally and appropriately when representing the Chamber
· The administrative assistant should display a strong commitment to the community and a desire to collaborate with other community leaders.
· The administrative assistant will, in the context of their job, avoid inflammatory, political or controversial communications that could reflect poorly on the Chamber or which would not be within the published views or practices of the Chamber.
· The administrative assistant must be in good health and for special events be able to be on his/her feet for the day and be able to lift 20-25 lbs. In order to set up or tear down from events when required.
· Oversees and manages the fiscal resources of the organization utilizing Quickbooks:
· Prepares the Annual Budget with line item identification of expenses and income for all activities of the chamber for approval by the Board of Directors.
· Manages accounts receivable and payable, including payroll every two weeks.
· Provides monthly Financial Reports to the Board of Directors.
· Works with outside CPA firm for annual tax preparations.
· Prepares and distributes membership renewal invoices and past due letters on a monthly basis
· Maintains and updates the chamber’s website and social media channels.
· Works with Executive Director to coordinate the planning, scheduling, marketing, promoting, executing and staging of all special events and activities. Coordinates registration for special events.
· Compiles and assembles information for new member packets and sends or delivers information to prospective members.
· Assembles monthly board member packets, creates the agenda, and prepares monthly financial reports. Attends monthly chamber board meetings if requested.
· Assists with development of and oversees all publications printed and distributed by the Chamber of Commerce.
· Prepares and distributes weekly emails to membership.
· When appropriate / requested participates in local chamber activities to promote and enhance the image and relationship of the chamber with all groups and parties in the community.
· When requested and/or available represents the chamber at events on behalf of the Executive Director.
· Strives continually to develop a better public understanding of the purpose and functions of the Chamber of Commerce.
· Works to identify, develop and refine chamber services on a continual basis.
> GENERAL OFFICE PROCEDURES
· Greets visitors to the chamber office – provides customer service to walk in traffic.
· Receives and answers / redirects incoming phone calls.
· Manages incoming/outgoing mail and all electronic communications.
· Controls office supplies and inventory and maintains an inventory of office equipment and service contracts.
· Maintains adequate records of transactions and correspondence needed for review by the board or other officials or agencies.
· Other duties as assigned.
Welcome to the SKIATOOK CHAMBER of COMMERCE job page. Here you will find employment opportunities available within the community. Job listings are available to our Chamber Investors FREE of charge. Please note that if you are applying for any of these positions, you will need to contact the company directly. The Chamber does not have any information on these positions other than what is posted here.
If you are an active Investor of the Skiatook Chamber we encourage you to notify us of any open positions within your company. FREE JOB LISTINGS are available to you as a part of your Chamber Membership.
NON-MEMBERS: You may post a job listing here for $25/ad. Please call our office to make payment arrangements if you are not a current Chamber Member. In most cases, your ad will be posted on the same day your payment is received. 918-396-3702